Buyer Beware: Finding the Best Vegan Vitamin
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian, bravo for ditching meat out of your diet! This can ward off various diseases like heart disease and cancer. You know that being vegan is the best decision you made, but there is a downside to it. You can run low on some key nutrients that your body needs. By taking an organic multivitamin, you can make sure that you are getting the necessary vitamins and minerals you need while still being kind to animals and the planet. Include the nutrients below when looking for the best vegan, organic vitamins:
– Vitamin B12 is vital for bodily processes, which includes protein metabolism and the development of oxygen-transporting red blood cells. It has a role in the health of the nervous system.
– Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that assists in the increase of the absorption of phosphorus and calcium. This affects bodily processes, which includes, mood, memory, muscle recovery, and immune function.
– Essential fatty acids: Linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) are two essential fatty acids, which you can get from your diet. These fatty acids can be found in plant-based food, and can build omega-3 and omega-6fatty acids respectively. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are necessary in the normal functioning of all tissues of the body.
Deficiencies in omega-3 and omega-6 can cause a variety of disorders including abnormalities in the liver and the kidneys, decreased immune system, depression, and dryness of the skin.
– Iodine is for a healthy thyroid function that controls our metabolism. A deficiency of this during pregnancy may result to irreversible mental retardation. Lack of iodine in adults will result to hypothyroidism.
– Iron makes new DNA as well as red blood cells. It carries oxygen in the blood and it is needed for energy metabolism. Less iron may lead to anemia and symptoms like decreased immune function and fatigue.
– Calcium is a mineral that is good for the teeth and bones. It has a role in nerve signaling, heart health, and muscle function.
– Zinc is also a mineral that is critical for immune function, repair of body cells, and metabolism.
It is vital that you get most of your nutritional values from your plant-based food. If that is so then, you probably are getting a good start on nutrients that your body needs. When looking for high-quality organic multivitamins, pay attention to your diet and see where you can improve. If you are eating a lot of say, lentils and spinach, you do not have to take multivitamins high in iron. If you drink plenty of plant-based milk, or eat fortified cereals, you do not need a lot of calcium. To make things easier, you need organic multivitamins that has B12, iron, and Vitamin D. These are usually the nutrients needed if you follow the vegan diet.[/vc_column_text]
On a Mission to Clean Up the Vitamin Industry
At Revivify, we traveled the world to find the cleanest, unmodified ingredients and developed a truly natural line of vitamins and supplements. Revivify is the only supplement in the market that brings all of these benefits in one: GMO free, gluten free, sugar free, vegan and all natural with zero synthetic fillers or additives. We stand on the promise that vitamins should be pure and have proven that nature’s purest elements are the path to great health.