Gaba & Sleep: Top 10 Sleep Tips
Insomnia is one of the most common sleeping disorders, and is affecting about one-third of the adult population worldwide. There are no guaranteed cures for insomnia and other various sleep disorders, but there are effective ways you can take like using natural GABA sleep aids. For those unaware, GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid) is a naturally occurring chemical compound produced in the brain. It is able to induce relaxation, and sleep. But does GABA make you sleepy? Yes because GABA reduces the excitability of neurons. Too much brain activity leads to insomnia. Using GABA sleep aid calms you mentally, and physically as well.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), around 50-70 million US adults have sleep or wakefulness disorder. Snoring is a sure sign of having a sleep disorder like sleep apnea. Constantly using electronic gadgets, and varying works schedules are just a few factors in sleep insufficiency. Here are the top ten tips to have a quality and uninterrupted sleep:
- Check your mattress for signs of wear. First and for most, you have to make sure you are comfortable. An old and worn-out bed can definitely hamper your sleep. Make sure you are physically comfortable.
- As stated above, constantly using devices such as mobile phones and computers prior to sleep can lower your melatonin and shorten your REM. Turning off tech devices can improve sleep quality. Sleep should be your top priority. You can check your social media messages first thing in the morning.
- The best way to ensure a good night’s sleep is to exercise. A few stretches can encourage sleep and can help people with insomnia. A poll at the National Sleep Foundation showed that people, who exercised, reported having the best sleep.
- Eliminate caffeine and alcohol before bedtime. Always check the labels of what you drink because even soft drinks and tea contain caffeine. The drinks can increase nighttime urination and thus, can disturb your sleep.
- Instead waiting for sleep, get up and go for a walk. You can also learn and use relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises, meditation, and yoga.
- Like exercise, a warm bath will make you feel more relaxed so consider taking a warm bath before bedtime.
- Establish a consistent bedtime routine. Try to go to bed at the same time every night, and wake up at the same time each morning.
- Try to give yourself some time in dim light before you go to sleep at night. Lower the lighting in your bedroom and turn off any light including your mobile phones.
- Avoid large meals late in the evening.
- Last, but not least, do not obsess about not sleeping. The more you worry, the more you cannot sleep. Relax, breathe, and remind yourself that sleeplessness is NOT life threatening.
Sleep is always an important component to our mental and physical health. It is the best natural solution to enhance focus, improve energy levels, and boost memory retention. Natural sleeping aids like Sleep Renew contains GABA, and other natural sleep-inducing components including L-theanine, Melatonin, and Valerian root. Get a 10-day free supply of Sleep Renew and discover the natural wonders of GABA.
On a Mission to Clean Up the Vitamin Industry
At Revivify, we traveled the world to find the cleanest, unmodified ingredients and developed a truly natural line of vitamins and supplements. Revivify is the only supplement in the market that brings all of these benefits in one: GMO free, gluten free, sugar free, vegan and all natural with zero synthetic fillers or additives. We stand on the promise that vitamins should be pure and have proven that nature’s purest elements are the path to great health.