The Holiday Sleepies
Usually, we travel a lot during holidays and jet lag can occur, which alters our body clock. If not, our holidays are filled with sleepovers, siestas and fun-packed late nights making it challenging to readjust back to the normal, everyday life.
In other words, changing sleep patterns during the holiday break can leave us feeling discombobulated and exasperated, rather than refreshed and revitalized. People turn to sleep aids whether they want to adjust to a new time zone, or to simply sleep better in an unconventional environment. To avoid feeling groggy, these suggestions can help you adjust to get better sleep and go back to your usual routine without a hitch.
Keep your usual sleep schedules. Even when you are travel and away from home, it is advisable to still practice good sleeping habits. If you really cannot, try to stick to the closest possible time. Days before vacation ends, start going to bed early and get up at your normal work or school time.
Set your body in alert mode by using the light to your advantage. The moment you wake up, open the curtains and turn on the all lights in your room. You can take a short walk outside and feel the morning sun. If you can, walking to the bus station or to work is the best way to wake you up in the morning.
At night, too much light can you wake you up. It is best to avoid including computers, and smartphones in your pre-sleep routine. Your eyes are sensitive to the blue light from these electronic devices and can disrupt sleep. Better save it for tomorrow or catch up on your favorite shows online some other time. Start dimming the lights an hour before you decide to sleep.
- You can sleep faster if you plan ahead and practice good bedtime habits. These can help you sleep faster:
- Adjust the thermostat and keep your room cool. You won’t be able to sleep well if the room is warmer than 75° F or colder than 54° F.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and other beverages. Having caffeinated drinks after lunchtime can make restless at night. You need to say no to that espresso if you want to have a good night’s sleep.
- Exercise daily, but avoid working out too close to your bedtime. Get your heart rate up during the day in order to achieve a better sleep at night. Regular exercise helps obtain a deeper sleep.
- Filter out noise. You can use a white-noise machine to block unnecessary sounds or use a fan to reduce the noise from the neighbors or noisy street. If you are on vacation, try to request a room in the area. Avoid rooms that are near any entrance or elevators.
- Do not stare at the clock. When you wake up in the middle of the night, avoid looking at the clock because makes you over think things and triggers unnecessary thoughts like you realize you only have a few hours left to sleep.
If you still cannot sleep, do not despair. Thinking too much won’t make you sleep faster. There are natural sleeping aids that will save the day! Revivify’s Sleep Renew contains GABA, and other natural sleep-inducing components including L-theanine, magnesium, and melatonin. These plant-based ingredients will surely help you sleep well. Get a 10-day free supply of Sleep Renew now and try it for yourself.
On a Mission to Clean Up the Vitamin Industry
At Revivify, we traveled the world to find the cleanest, unmodified ingredients to develop a truly natural line of vitamins and supplements. Revivify is the only supplement on the market that brings all of these benefits in one: GMO-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan, and all natural with zero synthetic fillers or additives. We stand by our promise that our vitamins are pure and our mission that nature’s purest elements are the path to great health.