Winter Woes: Natural Remedies for Your Common Winter Colds
Once again, the cold season is upon us, but so is the winter cold. The common cold is an infection of your nose and throat and the symptoms of the common cold include: cough, fever, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, constant sneezing, watery eyes, and body aches everywhere.
Fortunately, it can be easily prevented and once you are infected with it, there are countless of natural remedies that can help you feel better quickly. Don’t let the flu season discourage you to have fun during the holidays. This list of cold remedies will be very helpful this winter season:
- Elderberry. It is a herb known as a remedy for colds, flu, sinus infections. Researchers found out that elderberries contain anthocyanins, which is an active component that boosts the immune system and blocks the flu virus away from your cells. Elderberries come in different varieties: juice, syrup, and capsules.
- Ginger. It is a folk remedy for cough, colds and sore throat. Both used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine to cure colds, runny nose, cough, headache, shoulder pain, and white tongue coating. Ginger tea accompanied with honey is a famous home remedy for sore throat and colds.
- Ginseng. North American ginseng (or Panax quinquefolius) has become a well known natural cure for colds and flu. Compounds called polysaccharides and ginsenosides are the active ingredients in ginseng.
- Garlic. Out of the all the natural home remedies, Garlic seems to be the most popular choice. It is included in chicken, in a fruit and vegetable, and sometimes, garlic is even consumed raw. Garlic has a cold-fighting active ingredient called allicin. Allicin has antibacterial and antifungal properties and it is also the reason why garlic has that distinct hot flavor.
- Echinacea. If you need to reduce bronchial symptoms of the common cold, Echinacea is a great anti-inflammatory herb. It helps the body in fighting off certain infections and immediately attacks yeast and other fungi.
- Chamomile. It does not only reduces inflammation or fever, but chamomile calms the nerves and helps you sleep better. If you have kids, this is the perfect remedy because it does not have any bitter aftertaste. It’s easy for you to get your kids to take this natural cold cure. Chamomile is also good for the skin and promotes natural and better sleep.
Prevention is the Key
When you are sick with the common cold or the flu, it is also important to take huge amounts of vitamin C. Taking 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C can help your immune system and boosts white blood cells. You can take them in real food form, but getting everything we need from fruits and vegetables can be unattainable. Plant-based vitamins and minerals like Revivify’s MultiRevive is helpful in giving you the recommended dose of the needed vitamins and minerals. MultiRevive has 420% of your suggested dose of vitamin C. Plus, it contains other natural components that boost your immune system like vitamin A, B, K, E, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
On a Mission to Clean Up the Vitamin Industry
At Revivify, we traveled the world to find the cleanest, unmodified ingredients and developed a truly natural line of vitamins and supplements. Revivify is the only supplement in the market that brings all of these benefits in one: GMO free, gluten free, sugar free, vegan and all natural with zero synthetic fillers or additives. We stand on the promise that vitamins should be pure and have proven that nature’s purest elements are the path to great health.